Electric Vehicle Home Charging Station Rebate Program
The City of Batavia has established a rebate program to encourage residents to purchase and install a home electric vehicle charging station.
The basic program requirements are:
- Rebate amount shall be limited to actual purchase and installation cost of electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) up to a maximum of $500 per Batavia household.
- Items eligible for rebate include hardwired Level 1 or Level 2 EVSE and associated electric circuit improvements necessary to facilitate installation and operation. Plug- in type Level 1 or Level 2 EVSE are not eligible for rebate due to the fact that they are not considered a permanent house fixture; however, the cost of 240V electric circuit improvements performed exclusively to support a plug-in type Level 2 EVSE is eligible for rebate.
- A building permit is required for installation of EVSE and associated electric circuit improvements. The building permit fee will be refunded upon successful completion of a final inspection.
- Rebates will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis up to a total amount approved annually by City Council. Once the total approved amount has been awarded in any given year, the rebate program shall be suspended until January 1 of the following year. City Council retains the sole authority to allocate funds in any given year. City Council can reduce or increase funding at anytime at their sole discretion. City Council can terminate the program at anytime.
The basic program procedures are:
- Resident purchases Level 1 or Level 2 EVSE and retains receipts for documentation of actual cost
- Resident obtains a building permit from the City for EVSE installation and pays the applicable permit fee.
- Rebate is reserved for Resident upon issuance of building permit.
- Resident performs installation of EVSE. Resident is required to provide documentation for actual cost of installation (labor and materials)
- Resident requests final inspection from City of Batavia
- Upon successful completion of final inspection, and submission of all receipts and cost documentation, Rebate will be paid to Resident for actual purchase cost and installation of EVSE up to a maximum of $500 per Batavia household. In addition, the building permit fee will be refunded.