Residents may dispose of refuse by either using the sticker program (red stickers) or cart service (monthly rate). To arrange for cart service, please contact Waste Management at 630-587-8282.
The following items are considered 1 disposal unit and require a refuse/yard waste sticker:
- Waste containers or generic plastic bags no larger than 32 gallons in capacity and limited to 50 pounds per container or bag
- Bundles of debris such as carpeting and wood should be no larger than 4 feet in length, 2 feet in diameter, and weigh no more than 50 pounds, securely tied with twine or string
- Large household items such as furniture or appliances
Items requiring special pickups/exceptions:
- Large amounts of demolition and construction debris can be collected through a special pickup. Please contact Waste Management Customer Service at 630-587-8282 to arrange a pickup.
- Toxic and hazardous wastes such as car batteries, acids, caustics, pesticides, flammable or explosive materials, and potentially harmful wastes cannot be collected. See Helpful Links for locations where these items are accepted.
Materials should be at the curb by 6 a.m. on your collection day but no earlier than the evening before. View the collection and holiday schedule online.